On-Campus Recruiting Closed Monday, February 13, 2017
Due to the snowstorm, MIT and GECD Career Services is closed on Monday, February 13th. Any further changes will be announced on the MIT homepage, the MIT Emergency Information page, and on the Snow Line (617-253-7669 or 617-253-SNOW).
Please refer to our Inclement Weather and Institute Closings policies for helpful information.
Interview Students On Campus
You can reserve some of our interview rooms for On-Campus Recruiting through CareerBridge, our online reservation system.
We have over 20 interview rooms located in MIT building E17 on the second floor. Rooms fit one or two interviewers and a student. Unfortunately, we don’t have space for group interviews.
Fees and Limits
The fee to rent an interview room is $125 per day, payable by credit card at the time of the reservation.
The $30 fee to post a job or internship in CareerBridge can be waived or refunded within 30 days if your job posting is directly connected with a room reservation.
To ensure open access to all employers, there is a cap of 10 rooms per day. We ask that you contact us about larger recruiting needs rather than reserve 10 rooms on multiple days.
Hours and Scheduling
Interviews can be scheduled between 8:45am to 5:00pm. All interviews must be completed by 5pm.
We provide a complimentary schedule system through CareerBridge that is optional for employer use. Employers are requested to clarify any scheduling process for students if not using CareerBridge.
Our Recruiting Calendar will let you know when interview room reservations open.
Interview room reservations can be refunded within 90 days of payment, provided we receive notice at least 30 days in advance of the reservation.
Please provide us and students 24 hours advance notice of an interview cancellation.
School Closings and Emergencies
Our office aligns with all official MIT closings. Please check the MIT Emergency Information page for up-to-date closing information. Additionally, any unexpected closing will be posted on our home page. In case of an emergency closing, we will work with you to reschedule any event you may have arranged through our office.
If you have any questions, contact the GECD Employer Relations Team at (617) 715-5327 or email email@example.com.
Tips for Interviewing on Campus
- Read the MIT Recruiting Policies and Procedures to develop a timeline for making offers to students.
- Plan in advance if scheduling on-campus interviews around one of the many career fairs offered throughout the year.
- Include MIT alumni from your company in the interview process.
- Try to be flexible but consistent with your schedule as MIT students tend to pack their days very full.
- If a student has an academic conflict with an interview time, consider connecting on the phone, via Skype or over coffee.
- Clarify the next steps in your company’s interview process as it differs from company to company.