Interview Students On Campus
You can reserve interview rooms for On-Campus Recruiting through CareerBridge, our online reservation system.
We have 24 interview rooms located in MIT building E17 on the second floor. Each room has a table, seating for two interviewers and student, phone and a large dry erase board. Unfortunately, we don’t have space for group interviews.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT FALL 2017 RECRUITING
The first week of on campus recruiting is the week BEFORE the Fall Career Fair (Sept. 29th). We offer this additional time in recognition that the Fair is occurring much later than prior years.Employers are encouraged to be proactive in recruiting students to interview Mon. Sept. 25th – Thurs. Sept. 28th as the Fair will not be a strategy for recruiting students for these interview slots.
Fees and Limits
The fee to rent an interview room is $200 per day, payable by credit card at the time of the reservation.
To ensure open access to all employers, there is a cap of 6 rooms per day. We ask that you contact us about larger recruiting needs rather than reserve 6 rooms on multiple days.
Hours and Scheduling
Interviews can be scheduled between 8:45am to 5:00pm. All interviews must be completed by 5pm.
We provide a complimentary schedule system through CareerBridge that is optional for employer use. Employers are requested to clarify any scheduling process for students if not using CareerBridge.
Our Recruiting Calendar will let you know when interview room reservations open.
Interview room reservations can be refunded within 90 days of payment, provided we receive notice at least 30 days in advance of the reservation.
Please provide us and students 24 hours advance notice of an interview cancellation.
School Closings and Emergencies
Our office aligns with all official MIT closings. Please check the MIT Emergency Information page for up-to-date closing information. Additionally, any unexpected closing will be posted on our home page. In case of an emergency closing, we will work with you to reschedule any event you may have arranged through our office.
Tips for Interviewing on Campus
- Read the MIT Recruiting Policies and Procedures to develop a timeline for making offers to students.
- Plan in advance if scheduling on-campus interviews around one of the many career fairs offered throughout the year.
- Include MIT alumni from your company in the interview process.
- Try to be flexible but consistent with your schedule as MIT students tend to pack their days very full.
- If a student has an academic conflict with an interview time, consider connecting on the phone, via Skype or over coffee.
- Clarify the next steps in your company’s interview process as it differs from company to company.