Get the most out of your recruiting efforts.
Our Employer Symposium offers strategies and tools for recruiters -- whether you're new to recruiting at MIT or you've been hiring here for years. Exchange ideas and information with MIT faculty, staff, undergrads, grad students, and postdocs.
The first Employer Symposium was held in 2013 with 70 employer participants from a wide range of industries. We were excited to welcome 80 employers in 2014 and 2015. The next Employer Symposium will be held Spring 2018.
Workshops and Panels
Last year, we featured workshops and panels on topics including:
- Developing a Diverse Candidate Pool through Targeted Recruiting
- Partnering with MIT Labs and Experiential Education Programs to Build New Applicant Pipelines
- Graduate Student Panel: Recruiting Strategies to Attract MIT Graduate Students (PhDs, Post Docs)
- Undergraduate Student Panel: The MIT Formula for Recruiting Undergraduates
- Building your Brand through CareerBridge Link, Our NEW Recruiting Platform
- Using MIT's Graduating Student Survey (GSS) Data to Effectively Hire MIT Students
Also, as part of the symposium, we host a 'Networking with MIT Talent' session for registered company attendees and MIT students (undergraduates, graduates, PhDs, Postdocs) to exchange ideas, information about job opportunities, and events. This is a wonderful opportunity for recruiters to meet MIT talent from all degrees and backgrounds.
The 2018 Employer Symposium details will be posted by late Fall 2017.