Find a Job/Internship
A helpful job search engine
Explore jobs in the non-profit sector
Aggregates millions of jobs/internships from thousands of sources
Check out this professional association’s Job listings
Career community dedicated to helping find happiness in the workplace
A top 5 job website
ResearchGate is a free social and professional network for researchers and academic
Stories of innovative young people who love what they do. Watch. Interact.
Going Global Log on to CareerBridge, select Additional Resources, for Going Global opportunities
Start Your Search: Explore
The first step to a rewarding career is to identify your interests and understand what type of jobs you are most intersted in.
What are your values, skills, and interests? How will that affect your search? Ask yourself these questions:
- Where do I want to work? (What industry or company?)
- What do I want to get out of it? (What skills do I need to develop?)
- Where geographically do I want to be this summer? (Home? Overseas? Near MIT?)
- What work environment to I want to try? (Small company, Large company, Atart-up?)
- What did I like or dislike from my past experiences? How can that inform my next decisions?
Learn from Others
Conduct informational interviews. Find out what informational interviews are, how to do them and how they can help you find an internship.
Investigate Current Careers
Industry profiles: what industries interest you?
Guides to Industries and Occupations
Log into CareerBridge, click on WetFeet Guides and see all the industries and occupations that are out there.
Search a listing of different occupations by degree
A list of popular careers
A comprehensive database of worker attributes and job characteristics.
Provides a list of over 100 different types of jobs
A classic reference about occupations from A to Z, compiled by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics
Explore what opportunities exist and learn what paths can take you there
- Handbook for Business Students
- Handbook - Diversity Issue
- Handbook for Science, Engineering and Techonology Students
Conducting Company Research
Business information about companies, industries, and people with a database consists of 12 million companies.
Introduces you to the online job search, listing many online sites and services that are useful for your job search.
Information on a wide variety of companies