Find a Job/Internship
Leverage Career Fairs
Career fairs are a great way to connect with potential employers, apply for internships and jobs and learn about different companies and career fields. MIT has a diverse range of career fairs run by student organizations, academic departments or through GECD-Career Services.
Keys to Career Fair Success
- Clarify your career goals and identify your career fields, industries and companies of interest well before the career fair.
- Update your resume and have it critiqued through Career Services drop-in advising.
- Research companies prior to speaking to employers at the fair. Know what the company does, their career opportunities and any recent company news. Most career fair websites provide a list of registered employers. Prioritize your top companies.
- Perfect your 30-second introduction, including your name, course, graduation date, area of interest and relevant experiences. Have your questions ready.
- Dress professionally for your industry of interest. Follow MIT Careers on Pinterest for ideas for professional and business casual attire and more.
- Get the career fair map and plan your attack.
- Review the Career Fair Tip Guide and the Career Fair Online Workshop.
- Practice your handshake with a friend.
Upcoming Career Fairs
Organized by: The Graduate Student Council, Society of Women Engineers, and the Senior Class.
Harvard Faculty Club, 20 Quincy St., Cambridge, MA 02138
Organized by: Harvard, BU, MIT, Olin and Tufts
Meet representatives from small engineering firms across the area seeking engineering students for full-time and internship opportunities in innovative fields including robotics, energy, medical devices, and civil/environmental design. This event is a collaboration between Harvard, Boston University, Olin College, Tufts University, and MIT. All levels of Engineering students from these five institutions are invited to attend.
Registration is required as attendance is capped for each participating university. MIT Students, to register you will need to LogIn to your CareerBridge Account, Select Career Fair/Events Tab and Search for Event.
Organized by: The MIT Chapter of Tau Beta Pi
Organized by: The Transportation Club
Organized by: The Career Fair Committee of the MIT Civil and Environmental Engineering Students' Association
Organized by: The MIT European Club.
Connects employers from Europe with candidates who are looking for employment outside of the United States.
Organized by: Global Education and Career Development (GECD)
Open to MIT, Harvard and prestigious colleges and universities around Boston.