Find a Job/Internship
Leverage Career Fairs
Career fairs are a great way to connect with potential employers, apply for internships and jobs and learn about different companies and career fields. MIT has a diverse range of career fairs run by student organizations, academic departments or through GECD-Career Services.
Keys to Career Fair Success
- Clarify your career goals and identify your career fields, industries and companies of interest well before the career fair.
- Update your resume and have it critiqued through Career Services drop-in advising.
- Research companies prior to speaking to employers at the fair. Know what the company does, their career opportunities and any recent company news. Most career fair websites provide a list of registered employers. Prioritize your top companies.
- Perfect your 30-second introduction, including your name, course, graduation date, area of interest and relevant experiences. Have your questions ready.
- Dress professionally for your industry of interest.
- Get the career fair map and plan your attack.
- Review the Career Fair Tip Guide and the Career Fair Online Workshop.
- Practice your handshake with a friend.
Upcoming Career Fairs
Fall Career Fair (September)- This fair is the largest on-campus with over 250 companies in attendance.
Tech Fair (Monday, February 4, 2013)- Expo exhibiting the latest technology from companies and laboratories.
Tau Beta Pi Career Fair (Tuesday, February 5, 2013) - A two-part event, starting with the main career fair followed by a networking reception.
Startup Career Fair (Monday, February 11, 2013) - Organized by Startlabs
Department of Civil & Environment Engineering Career Fair (Friday, February 22, 2013)- Organized by the Career Fair Committee of the MIT Civil and Environmental Engineering Students' Association. Open ONLY to CEE students.
European Career Fair (February 23-35, 2013) - Organized by the MIT European Club. Connects employers from Europe with candidates who are looking for employment outside of the United States.
Spring Career Fair (April 4, 2013) - An intimate “Just in Time” concept on-campus fair for students still seeking summer internships and full time employment. For a detailed list of employers, review our Employer Guide
Asian Career Fair (April 20, 2013) Connects employers from with candidates who are looking for employment in Asia.