Where to Begin
Deciding to become a doctor or other health professional is a big decision. It requires a lot of commitment and many years of training.
Learn if you are truly interested in a health career by gaining exposure to the medical field.
If you have explored the field and know you want to apply, make yourself a strong candidate. Medical schools want students with excellent personal qualities and academic achievements.
- Get exposure to the medical field through hands-on experiences.
- Gain skills for medical school through extracurricular activities.
- Prepare academically through coursework.
- Prepare for the MCAT.
- Review the med school application process.
We Can Help:
- Meet with us at Prehealth Advising. We can help you through the process.
- Join the prehealth email list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “Please add me to the [year] prehealth email list.” Use the year you plan to enter medical school, not the year you graduate from MIT.
- Log into careerbridge schedule an in-person, webex or phone appointment.
- Join the Prehealth Advising Facebook group.