Spend your Spring Semester in Madrid!
- MIT students in good academic standing
- Spanish IV or a faculty evaluation of the student’s ability to read, write, and speak Spanish
At a Glance
- Spring semester in Madrid
- Study with Spanish students at two top Spanish universities in Madrid
- Students are placed individually in homestays with local families, according to preferences. Breakfast and dinner are provided in the homestays.
Early May: Priority Deadline
Late September: Regular Deadline
The Spring 2012 program fee was $8,915 (including $150 refundable deposit). The program fee is based on the number of participants and is subject to change if the number of participants changes before the start of the program. The fee is also based on current tuition for the two Madrid universities.
The fee covers these costs:
- Tuition at both Madrid universities
- Single-room housing in a Spanish home
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Laundry service
- Airport transfer
- Some cultural activities
- Use of ACCENT Center: network access, library
Students should plan to spend an additional $8,000 - $9,000 for airfare, visa, local transportation, lunches, textbooks, and personal expenses.
Financial aid is portable for this opportunity. The Global Education Team will provide an estimated budget to include all anticipated expenses. Students need to meet individually with their financial aid representative to discuss the details of using their financial aid packet for the semester in Madrid.
- Before going to Madrid, students must talk with their department’s transfer credit examiner and complete a study abroad worksheet.
- No grades are transferred, only credit for courses passed.
April General Information Session
Early May Applications due for Priority Deadline
Late September Applications due for Regular Deadline
Late October Application to Politecnica due (for admitted students who plan to take engineering courses at Politecnica de Madrid
November Final payment due
Late January Flight to Madrid
Online Application: to be completed by student
Reference Form: to be completed by faculty
Spanish language evaluation form: to be completed by a member of the Spanish Group faculty (only for students who have not completed Spanish IV).