Global Fellows Program - 2015
Sponsored by the Office of the Dean for Graduate Education (ODGE) & the Dean for Undergraduate Education (DUE), and Global Education & Career Development (GECD)
MIT and Imperial College London are jointly offering an intensive 4 day Global Fellows Program for PhD students. Through presentations, interactive work and hands-on activities, PhD students from Imperial (20) and MIT (20) will develop professional skills required to launch and manage a successful research career. Emphasis will be on creating and sustaining successful international research collaborations.
Dates: June 8-12, 2015
Time: 5 Days, Monday - Friday
- Participants must commit to the entire program, which includes full day events and some evenings. Please note that this program is overnight and five days total in a location off campus in Dover, MA.
- Morning programs will begin at 9:30 am; evening programs should be completed by 9:00 pm
Location: Dover, MA
Eligibility: PhD Students. Preference is for students who have passed qualifying exams and have a few years remaining before completing their PhD program. However, all PhD students will be considered.
Cost: Fellowship covers cost of travel, program and some meals
Content: Topics covered will include:
- Building successful working relationships and global collaborations
- Team and project development
- Global intercultural skills and communication
Participants will work in small groups with either an MIT or Imperial facilitator. Faculty members from each university will present on the topic of developing and managing international collaborations as an integral part of a research career.
Imperial College London is a science-based institution, consistently rated amongst the world's best universities. For more information about Imperial College: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/aboutimperial.
Please view our brief video to hear student comments and learn more about the program.
Apply: Submit the application form by March 11, 2015