Global Careers and Work Experience
Do you find yourself wanting to work abroad? Are you wondering if there is value in getting global experience? In today’s day and age, global work experience can be extremely valuable in your career development.
Why is it so important to get global work experience?
- The working universe is expanding!
- The professional world you are entering is becoming increasingly international in scope – business, culture, politics, service, entertainment, in almost every way.
- Employers want to hire people who are skilled in working all over the world.
- Companies need employees who are at ease dealing with people, products, services, organizations and governments in different countries.
How would you benefit from your global experiences?
- Develop perspective on what work is like in another culture.
- Broaden and diversify your view of how to do things – engineering, science, humanities, etc.
- Improve your communication skills with people who speak a different primary language than you do.
- Build your resume.