MIT and Imperial College London are jointly offering an intensive 5-day Global Fellows Program for PhD students and Postdocs. Through presentations, interactive work and hands-on activities, participants from Imperial (20) and MIT (20) will develop professional skills required to launch and manage a successful research career. Emphasis will be on creating and sustaining successful international research collaborations.
Content: Topics covered will include:
- Building successful working relationships and global collaborations
- Team and project development
- Global intercultural skills and communication
Participants will work in small groups with either an MIT or Imperial facilitator. Faculty members from each university will present on the topic of developing and managing international collaborations as an integral part of a research career.
Imperial College London is a science-based institution, consistently rated amongst the world's best universities. For more information about Imperial College.
Please view our brief video to hear student comments and learn more about the program.
Dates: June 8-12, 2015
Time: 4.5 days (Monday afternoon - Friday afternoon)
- Participants must commit to the entire program, which includes full day events and some evenings. Please note that this program is overnight and 4.5 days total in a location off campus in Dover, MA.
- Morning programs will begin at 9:00 am; evening programs should be completed by 9:00 pm
Location: Dover, MA
Eligibility: PhD Students and Postdocs
Cost: Fellowship covers cost of travel, program and some meals
Contact: Jake Livengood and Marilyn Wilson
Apply: Applications for Global Fellows 2016 will open in Fall 2015.