Advertise Your Company and Opportunities
In addition to posting a job or internship on CareerBridge employers should take extra steps to attract students. The following are tips and resources to help you build your company's brand at MIT and be successful in advertising your company presentations, events, jobs and internships at MIT.
- Participate in career fairs, resume critique events offered through GECD, networking events at MIT, and offer company presentations to market your open jobs and internships.
- Have prior interns spread the word for you about your events or open positions. Send prior interns an email-ready advertisement that they can send to friends and student organizations.
- Market your opportunity to student organizations that you feel align well with your company or opportunity. Employers may search MIT’s Association of Student Activities (ASA) database to identify organization websites and contacts. Email the organization about jobs and internships, company presentations, etc.
- Consider offering not your typical company presentation. Hackathons, game nights, alumni speakers, and events that are “outside of the box” have the most success attracting students to learn about your company. Review our Company Presentation Tips for more ideas.
- Share information about your internship and job opportunities with academic department undergraduate and graduate administrators.
- Search for students in CareerBridge that may be a fit for your job and internship postings and send individual students a targeted email.
- Explore the GECD Sponsorship Opportunities to help build and strengthen your company’s brand at MIT.
Infinite Display: Digital Signs and Advertising
These electronic bulletin boards are strategically located in highly traveled areas across campus. Find out how to rent space and run slides several times through the day, on a weekly basis, through the Infinite Display.
You can advertise in the student newspaper, The Tech.
Career Development Handbook
Build a strong presence at MIT through sponsorship of the annual Career Development Handbook. Every student who visits the office is given this publication, which contains valuable career-related instructional information on topics from resume writing to negotiating job offers. The handbook is revised annually between February and April. Employers who would like to post an advertisement are encouraged to contact Hector Barrera at Campus Recruitment Media (CRM), email@example.com for information on fees and graphics.
Sponsorship of GECD Career Services
Employers can sponsor GECD events and resources for students or participate in the GECD Partnership Program to continue to build and strengthen their company brand at MIT. Visit our Sponsorship Opportunities page to learn more.
Through the use of two full color 32+ inch digital flat screen monitors, GECD offers employers the opportunity to advertise directly to MIT students! Our electronic displays allow you to promote your organization and your events to the hundreds of students that visit GECD on a daily basis.
- Main Lobby: Our 46" screen located in our office's main lobby, at the center of campus, in building 12 room 170. This area receives undergraduate, graduate and alumni traffic year round, and is a great avenue for outreach to a broad group of career minded candidates.
- nterviewing Lobby: Our 32" screen is located in our On-Campus Recruiting lobby connected to, but separate from, our main lobby. This area is the gateway for some five thousand visits a year, and can be a very efficient way to promote your brand to our undergrads, grads and alum that are participating in On-Campus Recruiting.
Pricing (both screens)
An organization can purchase up to 3 ads per day:
- Day - $30
- Week - $130
- Month - $500
- Semester - $1,500
- Advertisements - Must be uploaded as .jpg images with 16x19 aspect ratio. (example: 1920x1080, 1366x768)
- Submit ad(s) online. Invoice will be emailed within two days of submission. Payment must be made prior to advertising.
An employer must email a cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the date that advertisement goes live on the Digital Displays in order to receive a refund.
Postering on Campus
Contact Person: Rachel Maillet, 781-890-7850, email@example.com